These Days Continue

These Days Continue (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/index.php)
-   nDMBc (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   General Music Thread (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/showthread.php?t=204872)

Wildcats82 04-01-2020 03:12 PM


Bluewater34 04-01-2020 06:19 PM

Adam Schlesinger of Fountains of Wayne has died of COVID-19.

Mitch 04-01-2020 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluewater34 (Post 7226166)
Adam Schlesinger of Fountains of Wayne has died of COVID-19.

52 years old, damn

Bluewater34 04-02-2020 05:40 AM

Ellis Marsalis, the great jazz pianist and father of Wynton and Branford Marsalis, has died of COVID-19.

Mitch 04-02-2020 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluewater34 (Post 7226198)
Ellis Marsalis, the great jazz pianist and father of Wynton and Branford Marsalis, has died of COVID-19.

Oh, I saw headlines of this death but didn't see that it was COVID19.

Bluewater34 04-02-2020 12:08 PM

That’s what Wynton said on Twitter.

gweeps 04-03-2020 07:56 AM

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

John Prine is still quite sick, with pneumonia in both lungs. But he's still with us.

Bluewater34 04-03-2020 08:21 AM

Ugh. I’m so nervous about him.

Tomacco 04-03-2020 08:26 AM

Now that I've sat with the new Pearl Jam album for a couple weeks, I find myself not as into it as I was with Lightning Bolt, Backspacer or Avocado.
Personally, find it's missing a couple great singles. Neither Superblood Wolfmoon or Clairvoyants wowed me. They're good, not great.

Although, this could be the type of album I come back to later and fall in love with. I've been listening to a lot of music at home lately and PJ has just gotten overshadowed.

soright05 04-03-2020 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomacco (Post 7226391)
Now that I've sat with the new Pearl Jam album for a couple weeks, I find myself not as into it as I was with Lightning Bolt, Backspacer or Avocado.
Personally, find it's missing a couple great singles. Neither Superblood Wolfmoon or Clairvoyants wowed me. They're good, not great.

Although, this could be the type of album I come back to later and fall in love with. I've been listening to a lot of music at home lately and PJ has just gotten overshadowed.

the album just sounds different than normal PJ to me and that has me interested. i really like clairvoyants, superblood, quick escape, seven o clock and retrograde

Tomacco 04-03-2020 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soright05 (Post 7226395)
the album just sounds different than normal PJ to me and that has me interested. i really like clairvoyants, superblood, quick escape, seven o clock and retrograde

For some reason most of the middle of the album loses me. The run of Seven O'Clock through Buckle Up. I've listened to those songs 5 times and can't remember how any of them even go.

soright05 04-03-2020 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomacco (Post 7226398)
For some reason most of the middle of the album loses me. The run of Seven O'Clock through Buckle Up. I've listened to those songs 5 times and can't remember how any of them even go.

to your previous point as well I feel like music is one escape for the state of things now and it is difficult to focus on just one album/band

Bluewater34 04-03-2020 09:23 AM

RIP Bill Withers. Ain’t No Sunshine is still just an absolutely killer song.

gweeps 04-03-2020 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluewater34 (Post 7226403)
RIP Bill Withers. Ainít No Sunshine is still just an absolutely killer song.

Lovely Day and Lean on Me are great, too.

Guess I finally should watch that documentary Still Bill.

Tomacco 04-03-2020 09:32 AM

Sad. Never got super deep into Bill, but I love "Lovely Day" and bought a best-of vinyl a few years ago which I really enjoy.

Bluewater34 04-03-2020 09:39 AM

I totally forgot that Who is He? (And What is He to You?) was him too.

Garntd 04-03-2020 12:41 PM

the new Cory Wong live album released today is killer. Has a full orchestra on it


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wildcats82 04-05-2020 09:15 AM


soright05 04-07-2020 08:31 PM

RIP John Prine

Mitch 04-07-2020 08:38 PM

Fuck. We knew it was coming, but damn. R.I.P.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.05757 seconds with 19 queries