These Days Continue

These Days Continue (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/index.php)
-   DMBc (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   What one thing would you like to see from Dave and/or the band before they call it quits? (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/showthread.php?t=206773)

Josh.0 08-16-2017 11:11 AM

What one thing would you like to see from Dave and/or the band before they call it quits?

It can be anything: a certain venue being played, a certain guest spot, a full Dave and Tim coast-to-coast summer tour, Dreams of Our Fathers live, Butch coming back, Rashawn getting the boot, Tim successfully calling an alien spacecraft down to the stage, Boyd closing a show with True Reflections.

Anything. But it can only be ONE thing because, well, they're all pretty old now and there probably isn't enough time to set unrealistic expectations.

For me, it's easy: I want another Dave solo album, or, better yet, a Dave/Tim/Trey collaboration again. I want to see what 50-something-year-old Dave Matthews would write with close friends and without the pressure of hit singles or trying to recreate a nostalgic sound.

What ONE thing do you want before they hang up their gear?

Thrawn 08-16-2017 11:12 AM

I'd like the band to commission a project to pull the raw recordings from the LWS, mix, master, and professionally release them.

Fan#41 08-16-2017 11:31 AM

Can't just pick one thing.

I'd like to see Rashawn gone for, at the very least, one whole year/tour.

The return of Butch.

This studio album:

1. Loving Wings
2. JTR
3. Shotgun
4. The Idea of You
5. Kill The King
6. Blue Water
7. Sweet Up & Down
8. Crazy Easy
9. Granny
11. Sugar Will
12. Joy Ride
13. Break Free
14. Loving Wings (Reprise)

For the band to tour 15 or so major US cities, 2 shows/nights in each city; 1 show at a smaller theater venue, and then one show in a larger arena venue. The smaller theater shows would be a WH members only show and the larger arena show would be general public sale.

For the band to start using opening acts again, especially using lesser known bands/artists, maybe even some local bands and artists in that particular city/state.

Tomacco 08-16-2017 11:48 AM

One more BTCS-quality album, with a supporting tour.

I figured this would be everyone's answer, but I guess it's so far-fetched that nobody believes it can happen. Which is fair considering AFTW was a Lillywhite album and was good but not great.

NiCK (Crush) 08-16-2017 12:27 PM

More than anything I want one more great album.

SeekUpAB 08-16-2017 01:20 PM

If I can only pick one it would definitely be a tour without Rashawn. At this point, I'd probably be happy with one full show without Rashawn.

Honorable mention, I'd like DOOF and Monkey Man to be played.

roshea999 08-16-2017 01:25 PM

Rashawn to go away and Jeff be given more freedom to do what he wants as the sax man.

Aside from that:
A D/T Theatre tour with some effort made to get people to STFU
A tour with bela/flecktones

Dave doing another solo record when he's inspired to write about more than his kids.

CRUSHsoccer15 08-16-2017 02:59 PM

Not sure I need anything. Would be satisfied with hitting a D&T show every year.

dmb1981 08-16-2017 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeekUpAB (Post 7133121)
If I can only pick one it would definitely be a tour without Rashawn. At this point, I'd probably be happy with one full show without Rashawn.

Honorable mention, I'd like DOOF and Monkey Man to be played.

Fully agree. Dont care about DOOF, but get rid of Rashawn, bring back Butch, and play Monkey Man for god sakes!

gweeps 08-16-2017 03:18 PM

The band needs to tone down their sound. Most of these suggestions are worthless if they continue to play almost everything at Mach 10.

CRUSHsoccer15 08-16-2017 03:20 PM

Would take an "acoustic" band tour.

Josh.0 08-16-2017 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gweeps (Post 7133143)
The band needs to tone down their sound. Most of these suggestions are worthless if they continue to play almost everything at Mach 10.

I always figured this was just a midlife crisis thing that would settle down with the passage of time.

sean52692 08-16-2017 04:37 PM

A massive archival release of never before heard studio demos, soundchecks, non-circulated or known shows, and behind the scenes footage. All topped off with a blu-ray concert and a bonus disc with some of the top all-time performances with guests (Trey LIOG 5/19/01, #41 5/15/01, Two Step flecktones 4/21/02, Warren Haynes acoustic Recently '94, Popper WWYS 7/7/15, etc).

#DMB50

Steveo Style 08-16-2017 05:15 PM

Another great album to shut them down for good and go out on a high note. On their last tour, dump Rashawn or at least just have him guest on a few songs instead of every song. Their last encore should start with just the 4 of them playing something before everyone comes out for Ants.

They can release The LWS, dave solo album, unheard studio tracks, etc without them actively touring.

ThememanXX 08-16-2017 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fan#41 (Post 7133103)
Can't just pick one thing.

I'd like to see Rashawn gone for, at the very least, one whole year/tour.

The return of Butch.

This studio album:

1. Loving Wings

2. JTR

3. Shotgun

4. The Idea of You

5. Kill The King

6. Blue Water

7. Sweet Up & Down

8. Crazy Easy

9. Granny

11. Sugar Will

12. Joy Ride

13. Break Free

14. Loving Wings (Reprise)

For the band to tour 15 or so major US cities, 2 shows/nights in each city; 1 show at a smaller theater venue, and then one show in a larger arena venue. The smaller theater shows would be a WH members only show and the larger arena show would be general public sale.

For the band to start using opening acts again, especially using lesser known bands/artists, maybe even some local bands and artists in that particular city/state.

This. All of this. Yes.

ggies 08-16-2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roshea999 (Post 7133124)
Rashawn to go away and Jeff be given more freedom to do what he wants as the sax man.

Dave doing another solo record when he's inspired to write about more than his kids.

YES. :upyours Jeff just released a new album, did you guys listen to it? He needs to play like that all over the next DMB album. Stop with the canned horn shit or "itty bitty solos"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh.0 (Post 7133145)
I always figured this was just a midlife crisis thing that would settle down with the passage of time.

Well, he literally said in the past 6 months or so that is what he writes for now......

I want one last album that pulls me in musically where I can get lost in the songs and where it's relatable to my life. So many other bands can do that, but not this anymore......I want one last album that has layers.

Anyway.......:lol

mikelhu 08-16-2017 09:35 PM

Drop Rashawn

Tim drops the electric and picks up the acoustic

Bela joins them for a full tour and some d/t shows as well

One more album on par with BTCS

Return to Red Rocks

Tambourine Man 08-16-2017 10:02 PM

Once again, I think he should take Roi's advice and be a leader. That means making the tough decisions like dumping Rashawn.

MaLaKaS 08-16-2017 11:07 PM

There are a lot of great posts and suggestions in here. Too many excellent ideas to choose from. I guess I'll add to the suggestions as well. How about they finally open up the vaults and make most archive shows available?

blumathu 08-17-2017 07:35 AM

I want them to give performing BTCS live a shot, including the "commercials"

I know they can do it, why don't they just do it?