These Days Continue

These Days Continue (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/index.php)
-   DMBc (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   6-12-18 Set Picks/Discussion (Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion | Gilford, NH) (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/showthread.php?t=206905)

ThememanXX 06-11-2018 09:30 AM

6-12-18 Set Picks/Discussion (Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion | Gilford, NH)

2018 Summer Tour: Show #13
6/12/2018
Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion
Gilford, NH

Show Begins @ 8:15 pm EST

Spoiler:
Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion is an outdoor amphitheatre located near Lake Winnipesaukee in Gilford, New Hampshire, United States.

The land was originally owned by the Miller family, which used the property for summer vacations, weekend excursions, and general family entertainment. By the early 1900s, cottages began to pop up on the property. The family continued to use the land to hold family concerts and gatherings for many years ahead. While ownership of the land where the venue is located changed hands, the Miller family today still owns property next to the pavilion.

In early 1996, Meadowbrook was created as a summer concert venue. Originally known as Meadowbrook Farm, the venue consisted of a temporary stage, 2,500 portable seats and a lawn that held 2,000 people.

The venue was renamed five years later to the Meadowbrook Musical Arts Center, to better reflect the growing direction of the farm. A permanent stage soon replaced the temporary one.

In 2002, the venue began its most major renovation to date. A pavilion roof was installed, along with 3,097 reserved seats (with capabilities to remove seats if necessary for general admission shows), 540 reserved lawn seats, and 2,850 general admission lawn seats.

In 2005, Meadowbrook added its Second Stage, a tented area with a full-service bar where local bands play for concertgoers prior to and following the actual concert.

In 2007, U.S. Cellular signed a naming agreement with the venue, which became the Meadowbrook U.S. Cellular Pavilion. Also in 2007, Meadowbrook was nominated for Venue of the Year by the Academy of Country Music.

In 2013, Meadowbrook began an expansion that added nearly 3,000 covered seats, two new parking lots and a second road into the venue. The amphitheater was also renamed Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion in April 2013.

Setlist:

Show Notes:

(song name) indicates a partial song
:segue indicates a fade into the next song

Pictures:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Links:

mja271 06-11-2018 09:36 AM

I've heard this place is nice from some friends who've gone. Probably a good spot to see them.

Marcelino 06-11-2018 09:42 AM

Looks like a cool place to see a show.

ThememanXX 06-11-2018 09:59 AM

At this point, I'd rather go someplace like this and make a mini-vacation out of it than one night in Pittsburgh or the like. :upyours

sci22 06-11-2018 11:52 AM

Whats going on there, paved walkways on the lawn?

TDunk 06-11-2018 11:58 AM

Looks nice

How's the sound?

Josh.0 06-11-2018 12:20 PM

I sort of grew up in Gilford. That’s where I graduated from high school.

It’s a beautiful little town next to a giant beautiful lake. I would highly recommend a week in the summer there if you’ll have shows right in the middle of it and some great hiking a short drive away. The venue is pretty small and intimate and it’s close to a lot of campgrounds and stuff.

It’s still weird for me to see DMB going there, but it makes sense that they’d want a few days off beforehand. I could see famous people with kids feeling like it’s a good place for a mini retreat for a while. It’s a great place to spend some summer nights while still having Boston about an hour and a half away.

For beer nerds I think this is a perfect destination for some shows and beer hunting. You’re like 1.5-3 hours from Hill Farmstead, Alchemist, Boston area breweries, Maine breweries, etc. It’s such a great place during the summer, but the winters are the reason I don’t live there anymore.

Josh.0 06-11-2018 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDunk (Post 7175111)
Looks nice

How's the sound?

Pretty good, actually.

Marcelino 06-11-2018 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sci22 (Post 7175107)
Whats going on there, paved walkways on the lawn?

Slip n Slides

greykitkat36 06-11-2018 12:40 PM

First two night stand of the tour, interested to see what it looks like. I'm only going to Camden N2 so far, so interested to see what might pop out this week

gweeps 06-11-2018 03:37 PM

Again and Again
One Sweet World
You Might Die Trying
Black and Blue Bird
Granny
When the World Ends
You Never Know
Idea of You
Minarets :segue
Typical Situation
Dancing Nancies
Recently
Fool to Think
The Best of What's Around
Come Tomorrow
Rooftop
Funny the Way It Is
Stand Up (For It)

When I'm Weary
Tripping Billies

Tomacco 06-11-2018 08:23 PM

Again and Again
Seek Up
One Sweet World
So Much To Say
That Girl Is You
Why I Am
Hello Again
Samurai Cop
Spaceman >
Cornbread
Jimi Thing
Idea of You
Warehouse
Crash Into Me
Lying in the Hands of God
Do You Remember
Typical Situation
She
Louisiana Bayou

patsfan39 06-12-2018 09:18 AM

I was there in 2016, first night was actually on my birthday which was kinda cool. The only thing that soured it for me was i was hoping for last stop, and they didn't end up playing it either night and the next 2 night stand was SPAC, where of course it got played. Usually they bust out something the venue before SPAC, so I thought there would be something unique, Say Bye opener was cool, but i hoped for more.

Dave's voice was shredded for Bob Law and Bismark was good, but not as good as the Mansfield one I heard earlier that summer.

The 2 nights (felt like a weekend, but it was a Tuesday/Wednesday. Dave even mentioned it felt like a weekend) ended with Ants Marching which was the last time Ill probably ever hear Boyd play his parts on the classic DMB song, so I am happy with that.

Hoping the fact that this is the first 2 night stand brings some better sets, but like I mentioned earlier I think they will be relatively tame.

sci22 06-12-2018 09:41 AM

assuming N1 will be all the same shit they've played so far with maybe a debut or 2

If N2 doesn't start to offer some diversity this is going to be a long tour

NiCK (Crush) 06-12-2018 10:54 AM

Glad we are finally at a two night stand. Agreed, it will tell us alot.

Mitch 06-12-2018 11:41 AM

Hoping they bust out Again and Again and Come On Come On here

NiCK (Crush) 06-12-2018 11:46 AM

Again & Again is a given tonight or tomorrow you would think.

Come On Come On I fear may be that elusive song for a while.

Mitch 06-12-2018 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiCK (Crush) (Post 7175472)
Come On Come On I fear may be that elusive song for a while.

I hope not. I'm really digging that now!

ThememanXX 06-12-2018 05:39 PM

I have a really strange feeling that this will be the show of the tour. Don't quote me. :lol

Fan#41 06-12-2018 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThememanXX (Post 7175694)
I have a really strange feeling that this will be the show of the tour. Don't quote me. :lol

:nod